Vertical Releases MBX IP a converged telephony system for multi-site small businesses
Release compliments Vertical's next-gen telephony product line-up with powerful solutions for small businesses
SANTA CLARA, California, January 4, 2011 – Vertical Communications, a leading provider of next-generation IP-based phone systems and voice applications today announced the release of MBX IP, a converged IP telephony system designed to meet the needs of multi-site small businesses. The availability of MBX IP completes Vertical's next-gen telephony product line-up with SBX IP and Wave IP, providing powerful telephony solutions to help businesses further increase productivity and efficiency.
The MBX IP system provides a migration friendly pathway for existing MP-5000, FX-II and XTS IP systems, supporting traditional endpoints, IP endpoints and (VoIP) SIP trunking — all with a single system that is scalable to meet the demands of multi-site SMB customers. MBX IP supports existing XTS IP, FX/MP, STS, and SBX IP endpoints, including the new Edge 8000 IP phones, as well as, having a compatible feature set. The MBX IP system is targeted for businesses having 50 to 250 users and up to 72 multiple sites, so you enjoy pay-as-you-grow scalability.
The MBX IP system provides hundreds of standard features that allow the system to adapt to your business requirements.
- Integrated voice mail/auto attendant for professional greetings
- Unified Messaging allows you to receive your voice mail as a .wav file attachment via e-mail.
- Automatic Call Distribution, including supervisor/sub-supervisor, recorded announcements, and overflow handling.
- Network small branch offices using the SBX IP system to facilitate a seamless communication network.
- With the ezPhone application, CTI integration with Microsoft® Outlook® is available
- Multi-party conferencing for up to nine conference rooms and 13 conference members
- Multiple tenant groups allow you to partition groups by department.
- VoIP (SIP) trunking reduces expenses and provides flexibility
- Robust call routing capability enables live answer, auto attendant, or backup auto attendant coverage patterns as well as DID, ANI or CallerID routing!
- Mobile extension allows incoming calls (on T1/PRI or SIP trunks) to ring your cell phone when you are out of the office. Never miss a call again while you are out of the office!
- One-touch call recording for more accurate customer orders, compliance & training
- Call Screening allows you to listen to callers that have been routed into your voice mail so you can decide if you need to speak with them or not. Maximize your workday by focusing on important calls.
- Roaming mobility with either DECT cordless or Nomad IP™ wireless telephone offerings
- Hot desking allows a digital phone to be a shared resource
- Detailed Station Message Detail Reporting (SMDR) integrates with call accounting and other management applications.
- One touch feature button access for easy and intuitive feature operation. MBX IP provides softkeys with intuitive navigation via the LCD of a telephone.
According to Alan Itchkow, President, CSPI, Great Neck, N.Y., “MBX IP offers enterprise telephony class features at an affordable price, VoIP enabled for immediate or future deployment”.
“With MBX IP, I can now offer a growth path for my SBX IP customers. In addition, the converged approach and scalability of the MBX IP system allows me to offer medium size businesses the benefits of VoIP now all at an affordable price”, said Fran Rosebush, President MCM Communications, Lake Orion, MI.
“This is an exciting time for Vertical and our partners. We are very excited to introduce MBX IP which we believe offers a highly competitive combination of telephony and IP networking features for small and medium business customers, optimized for ease of use and ease of deployment. As the big brother to SBX IP, this new product offering complements our existing small business IP key system family with a system that scales to 250 users with added feature functionality. This completes our product portfolio of IP telephony solutions for business: SBX IP and MBX IP providing cost-competitive and migration-friendly IP telephony solutions for small and medium customers, and Wave IP providing high-value application and Unified Communications solutions for medium and large enterprise customers,” said Peter Bailey, President and Chief Operating Officer for Vertical Communications. “With this very strong product portfolio, and our world-class telephony reseller channel and large installed base, we feel we have all the ingredients to drive substantial market share and revenue growth in 2011 and beyond.”
About MBX IP
MBX IP is easy to manage, easy to install and easy to use. Developed in partnership with LG-Ericsson, a global leader in telecommunications technology and strategic partner of Vertical, MBX IP supports both traditional and IP endpoints as well as traditional and SIP IP trunking in a single system. MBX IP provides businesses with complete flexibility on when and how VoIP is deployed, offering large enterprise-class features at a small business price.
The MBX IP can be purchased through Vertical's network of over 1,800 Vertical Business Partners. To learn more about MBX IP, please call 1-877-VERTICAL or visit www.vertical.com/mbxip.
About Vertical Communications, Inc.
Vertical Communications is one of the largest telephony vendors in North America and a global leader in next-generation IP-based voice and data and digital communications systems for business, with a current installed base of over 200,000 customers. Vertical combines voice and data technologies with business process understanding to deliver integrated IP-PBX and application solutions that enhance customer service and business productivity. Vertical’s customers are leading companies of all sizes, from small to large and distributed, and include CVS/pharmacy, Staples and Apria Healthcare. Vertical delivers its solutions through a worldwide network of over 1800 business partners. With headquarters in Santa Clara CA, Vertical has sales, engineering and operations facilities in Charlottesville VA, Phoenix AZ, Munich Germany and Hyderabad India. For more information about Vertical, please call 877-VERTICAL or visit www.vertical.com.
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
This document contains forward-looking statements based on current expectations or beliefs, as well as a number of assumptions about future events, and these statements are subject to important facts and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements in this document address a variety of subjects, including, without limitation, statements about the benefits of certain of the Company’s products, including, without limitation, the improved cost and customer service benefits for the Company’s business partners and customers; the Company’s assumptions about the future performance of V-Connect; the Company’s ability to enhance its revenue opportunities in the IP-PBX marketplace; the Company’s ability to continue providing products to the IP-PBX marketplace, the Company’s ability to continue to certify additional Internet Telephony Service Providers in the IP-PBX marketplace and others. The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in these forward-looking statements: the risk that the Company may fail to achieve the anticipated benefits from V-Connect, including, without limitation, failing to obtain the desired benefits for the Company’s dealers and customers; the risk that the Company’s assumptions about the future performance of V-Connect may prove to be incorrect; the risk that the Company may be unable to become a significant player within the IP-PBX telephony market; the risk that the Company will not be able to certify its products with additional Internet Telephony Service Providers.
Vertical Communications and the Vertical Communications logo and combinations thereof, Wave IP are registered trademarks of Vertical Communications, Inc. All other brand and product names are used for identification only and are the property of their respective holders.
Vertical Communications, Inc.
+1 (408) 404-1643