Vertical is looking for dynamic, self-driven individuals to bring
exciting new products to market. Come join the Vertical team and
see how your career can be on the cutting-edge of the IP PBX industry! We are a leading provider of converged and IP telephony systems
and applications that give businesses new tools and information
to enhance customer communications. We distribute our products
to over 100 countries worldwide and have strategic partnerships
with companies such as Intel, Toshiba, IBM, Microsoft, LG-Nortel and Hewlett-Packard.
Vertical is a leading provider of application-rich, affordable VoIP systems to small and medium businesses.Vertical is known as an innovator in high-value voice applications, and providing dramatic improvements in productivity. Our products lower overall expenses, and provide an incredible amount of features.
The strength of Vertical is the sum of its many parts (Comdial, Vodavi, Artisoft and Vertical Networks). Together, as Vertical Communications, we have a history of industry leadership with a proud legacy that goes back over 100 years.
Send your resumes for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr Product Manager / Director, Santa Clara, CA
Vertical is seeking a strong hands-on Senior Product Manager / Director, to champion and drive a set of vertically integrated products and solutions. We are growing rapidly and this lucky individual will help champion Vertical's vision of delivering enterprise class unified communication and vertically integrated business solutions into SMB market. The Senior Product Manager / Director, will be responsible for driving the "global" product discussion between Vertical and its constituents – internal product teams, technology partners and VARs – to define and implement MRDs, PRDs, Pricing, Positioning and Go-To-Market activities.
The position reports to the Vice President of Product Management and will have direct interface to the entire senior management team and will be expected to develop, present to Sr. Management and win buy-in, and drive Vertical's product strategy and execution tasks.
- A strong, thoughtful and progressive leadership style and the ability to motivate teams
- Excited to work in an environment that rewards hard work and great ideas, and unafraid of debate and intellectual challenge
- A solutions oriented thinker, who is a student of technology and business, and enjoy applying your knowledge to solve real business problems
- Big believer in team effort and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Articulate and have a natural talent to communicate effectively with technical and business audience alike
- Comfortable juggling priorities, making assumptions to simplify complex tasks and making decisions in the absence of "perfect" data
The ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of combined product management/product marketing experience with a telecom solutions or managed service provider.
- Experience developing value propositions, product messaging, positioning and hands on with developing white papers and technical marketing literature.
- Experience developing pricing and ROI models.
- Experience and expertise in one or more of the following technology areas –
- Unified Communications, VoIP, IP PBX
- Network & cloud-based service delivery models
- Mobile client applications
- Prior experience working with vertical business applications in Healthcare, Education as plus.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to take initiative and drive cross functional teams
- A team player with a "Can do" attitude.
- Experience with Agile Scrum development process
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA a plus
Software Engineer, Santa Clara, CA
Play a key role in the design and development of the award winning business communication application Wave ViewPoint. ViewPoint presents a range of productivity tools — desktop call management, unified messaging, visual voicemail, call recording, and presence management — in a remarkably simple and intuitive interface. Play a key role in designing and implementing integrated mobility and collaboration capabilities.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Software Architects and other Developers on application design and development.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones based on business requirements.
- Develop detailed functional and design specifications
- Provide development time estimates and schedules.
- Review test plans and test cases to ensure test coverage.
- Review product documentation for technical accuracy and ease of use.
- Identify, reproduce, and resolve customer issues in a timely and thorough manner.
Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science with 7+ years of product design and development experience is required.
- Proven ability in designing and developing compelling high performance Windows desktop GUI applications, preferably in the IP-PBX domain.
Software Development Engineer, Santa Clara, CA
This individual will join a software development team as a SIP expert, developing and enhancing new IP PBX platforms.
- Degree in Computer Science or related degree/experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant software development experience.
- Software development experience in telephony products and platforms.
- Familiarity with VOIP and voice related IP technologies including SIP is a must. Detailed understanding of relevant protocols is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with PSTN and circuit switched technologies such as SS7, ISDN a plus.
Solid knowledge and experience in C/C++ development.
- Understanding of PBX design and call processing.
- Development experience in Windows (preferred) or Linux.
- Exceptional verbal communications skills.
- Excellent technical documentation skills (functional specifications, state machines, interface specifications, etc).
- Highly independent, self-motivated, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.